A Passion for Books

For as long as I can remember I have loved books. They can be fascinating, transforming and absolutely life-changing. Never before though have books impacted my life as much as since I joined BookWise. Who would have thought that I'd turn my passion for books into an extra income stream. Wow!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Denver, Colorado, United States

Monday, May 28, 2007

Book lover burns books

"Book lover burns books", read the headline on Yahoo today. "Oh no", I thought, "how could he? What was he thinking?" But then after reading the article I sympathized with Wayne. His heart must have been aching more and more each time he added another book to the bonfire. Mine sure would have. Read the article by clicking HERE.

That kind of reminds me...

Not of burning books, but leaving them behind. I already mentioned below that I met my husband while he was in the military and stationed in Germany. When it was time for us to pack up and move over here he told me that I couldn't bring all of my things because of the weight limit. That meant I had to leave a lot of my books behind....as well as some of my record collection.

Now, my little apartment was full of books. My mom, whom I lost to cancer when I was 21 had belonged to a bookclub, so I inherited a lot of hers and since I had stayed with the bookclub after she passed away I had accumulated more. I just loved books and reading...and obviously still do.

It was heart-wrenching to chose which books to bring along and which to leave behind. So I left most of the American authors behind while I brought most of my favorite German authors along. I figured it would be much harder to replace those over here. There was no Internet and no Amazon.com in 1980 ;o)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home